Okay, so I'm pretty sure #ThursdayThoughts is supposed to be about motivational quotes, but this week I'm going to use it as a chance to just talk about what's been on my mind. Feel free to do the same in the comments!
- Cliffhangers - I'm not good at leaving stories unfinished, and I know it's the job of a cliffhanger to keep you on the hook so you'll come back for the next episode, but this time of year, when all my shows are going off at once, it's killer. All these open stories, cut off at the worst time. It's eating up all my brainspace!
- Lucifer, especially. Like. How can they drop that bomb on us, have them almost kiss, and then just cut it off??
- Blindspot is a close second, though, because DAMN stuff got serious!
- The Holidays and the Start of The Year - It seems a little unfair that the biggest shopping days of the year also happen to be the days when I'm trying to figure out how to Plan and Improve next year. It's a lot of channel-changing in my head--How can I afford Christmas Gifts switching to What am I going to do next year.
- Also, related, the list of things I need to set up my calendar next year is getting kind of long and taking up a lot of space. And the changes I'm going to try for my weekly planning and reviewing...
- Cookies - There's recipes for them EVERYWHERE right now, and lots of them are ones I've never seen before. Like cake box cookies--cookies made from boxed cake mix! What?? I know!
- BOOKS - The library book sale is usually in December, but they've pushed it back to May this time, which means a) no books as gifts for everyone this Christmas and b) I have to wait five more months! But also c) I get them for my birthday instead. And I mean, I have stacks of books I haven't read yet from the last one, but BOOKS MAN.
- Star Wars Rogue One - I have to admit, I was a little leery about the idea of Disney buying Star Wars, but if it means we get a new SW story every year forever, I am SO ALRIGHT with it now. Episode 8 was so good, and Rogue One looks great, too. I can't wait!
Let's chat, guys. What's on your mind right now?
You can join my mailing lists here:
And you can find me around the web here: