I think that Danielle LaPorte meant this as, like, an interpersonal statement: when you recognize someone else on a spiritual or otherwise deep level, you spark new creative things. But it resonated with me as applying to more than just that. It can apply to any sort of creativity.
- When you recognize the commonality of two ideas that seem unrelated
- When you recognize the story in an ordinary moment
- When you recognize the path the story is taking after being lost in the middle of it
- When you recognize that everyone has a story
- When you recognize what's been missing in a story
- When you recognize something that you share with someone else and together make a better story
It's all recognition.
You can join my mailing lists here:
And you can find me around the web here: